Trading cardboard stories, karma, peace and love....
for heartfelt reactions in return....
Sharing Random Cardboard truths with strangers...and along the way, gathering smiles, pictures, stories, rocks, beads, love letters, and empty cups. A social experiment. Old hippies and the world at play....


Sunday, June 28, 2015

The night my Mascara ran....

Friday night ticket stubs and stories

It was almost nine o'clock.  We had most of the tables packed up for the night...and Ray was trucking it all out into the steamy street....another Friday night of storms and stories...

And then I saw them, in the almost empty garage....The woman with the dark, deep, eyes and the young girl with the quiet smile.  They headed straight for the only table we still had standing...the table with the cardboard story box.  The woman tilted her head, carefully read the instructions, and in a soft voice asked..."Is this for real?"

I smiled....and answered...  "Yes, take your time, and if your find the one meant for you, take your sign".....

I didn't watch them.  We know now that flipping through the signs, reacting, choosing....even walking away, should be private.  But I felt them, as they came closer to me.  The woman asked hesitantly, if I wanted to see the sign she had chosen....and
I smiled, and tipped my head again....

She was holding the cardboard tight to her chest, and she slowly turned it to me, and whispered "Thank you".......
"I'm a widow, now".....
"This means the world to me...."

And then she folded the little sign back, close to her heart, and walked away.....

I can't imagine what prompted me...to even paint that sign, with the drippy words,  the big brown eyes dusted with lashes, and the little crescent moon...
but I may never forget the words...
"My Mascara ran away with the Moon"......

Love Grows.....




No comments:

Post a Comment